Monday, December 2, 2013

JANSYL RETURNS And the Circle Goes Round

.     JANSYL RETURNS AND THE CIRCLE GOES ROUND

Winter Cardinals   Medium Round

Well, never say never as the saying goes.   I have been staring at my little pins called Jansyl and decided to try to sell some of what is left.  Those were such good years, so very busy with good sales and lots of good times on the road.  Now, not wanting to be away and no longer able to have a company personally press my own porcelain recipe what remains is the end of a productive and profitable part of my past.
My brother in law's new wife Heather is insisting that I remove myself from being Queen Midas with my hoards of handmade items and get my product out on the web.   My first experience with this will be with my Etsy site- Just Pretty by Jansyl.   I decided to give it a whirl with Jansyl and today my first order appeared.  OH my Virginia, there are sales on the internet after all.  So, I thought that maybe I should give it a little boast with a blog entry.  So here we go!!
Just if you have any interest.  Jansyl came to pass almost 20 years ago when my husband got out of the Navy.  It is a pretty little pin for almost any occasion and is made from very fine translucent porcelain and then glazed to a shear glass.   At that point a decal is placed on that glaze and it is completely melted into it  giving it a wonderful reflective look. To finish it off, each piece was edged in a 20 carat liquid gold that came to it's luster during the final firing.   Jansyl was a very busy business most likely due to the end result being a product that is truly a wonderful little gift for any lady any time and any holiday that is still well priced.
I have posted on my esty site 10 Christmas and holiday pins.  Here are pictures of each.  Enjoy.


 Cornucopia Large Oval
 Currier and Ives   Round
 
Holiday Bow  Medium Round
 Holiday Holly  Medium Oval
 Santa and Staff  Rectangle
 Santa and Tree   Small Oval
 Snowman Birdhouse   Round
 Snowman Friends   Small Oval
Snowman Couple    Round


I hope that you have enjoyed the little travel back in time with me to the Jansyl years and if you think you have a holiday outfit that needs a Jansyl pin try my etsy site- Just Pretty by Jansyl.    Thanks again for stopping by and if you are just passing by let me give you a big wave. 












No comments: